It’s time of the year again to recap on the year, to acknowledge the achievements in 2012 and also the failures, the this-could-have-been-done-differently and also what to expect for 2013.
Let’s start with the failures.
I failed badly at trying to learn Mandarin. But well at least, i was able to speak in mandarin to the telemarketers who tried to sell me insurance on the phone and forced me to speak mandarin. “WO BU YAOOOO…., WO YI JING YOU LE!!” lol. I guess i will never stop trying to learn chinese because the language intrigues me a lot.
I also failed at trying to save up some moolah, likely due to the getaways, travelling and little splurges and self-pampering i do everytime i manage to save up some extra cash.
The good news is………
This year, i told myself that i will start back my community work and hence, MAD is born. MAD is still a fairly new initiative with many exciting ideas to come and implement next year. For starters there will be some collaborations with some big names; and then there will be some new products. I will prollie blog more about this once i have the time, but yes, hopefully this will take off further next year and hopefully i will have ample time to do the marketing and promotions for MAD. It is all, for the benefit and protection of animals.
I am also a little more family oriented this year compared to all the years that i have left Ipoh and become the “city girl”. It also seemed like my friends have accepted that i need my family time during the weekends and do not pester me to stay in KL sometimes. I love you guys for that, truly from the bottom of my heart. <3 I know this the right thing to do, to be with my aging mum, to have quality time with my family, roxy & to put my family first in everything i do.
As for my Yoga journey, i’d post up a gallery on some new achievements this year. I guess my body was strongest this year… which is also likely due to Capoeira; and I’m thankful enough that i graduated another level during the Batizado this year.
I guess for 2013, i’d do things slightly differently. Instead of writing resolutions, i’ll be writing things that i WANT to do next year. Prollie that will be easier to strike off and carry forward if things didn’t go the way it’s planned. HA!
1. I need a new bed frame. Like PRONTO. I don’t know why i procrastinated on this for so long; it’s pretty simple… go to ikea, pay up and get a new bed.
2. NEPAL. Okay, so Nepal is in my to-do-before-i-die list; i must at least have a plan for this by next year, or done with all the bookings. seriously.
3. So, apart from Yoga and Capo, i want to take up rock climbing in 2013. i know.. wtf jen… but seriously, it’s now or never.
4. My aim for MAD next year is at least proceeds to 5 NPOs.
5. I want to go biking on weekends, prollie some hiking and more crazy adrenaline stuff… but we’ll see; i guess it will be hard to juggle with the alternate KL-IPOH thingy.
6. I got myself a new guitar, so … yes, no more leaving it in the corner to dust.
7. A family getaway. I need to plan one, just so we can have more quality time and foster better r.ship with the familia.
8. A trip to the states! Another to-do-before-i-die. Well, to surf there would be nice as well.
9. To get a 2nd dog. I believe it’s time for a 2nd dog, If i can adopt one, that will be the best.
10. To get my doodly site launched. Been telling myself to do it for ages, never took flight. grr.
11. I want to take Roxy to a beach or get her a doggy pool. I need to do my research on this.
12. Change my CAR. hahaha. Okay this is actually something that i wanted to do in 2013, but i might leave it out cause i don’t like to burden myself with unnecessary commitments. BUT… if i change my mind.. then you will be seeing me in a new ride wtf.
I guess that’s all i can think off for now, there are more i’m sure, i’ll write about them if it crosses my mind, or most likely, i will be fb-ing it. One thing for sure, 2013 is the year to work AND party harder better faster stronger teehee.
Above pics, all the stuff that i enjoy doing, prollie one of the reasons i’m in love with SG the first time i saw it in Bali.
Lately i have been listening to some stories told to me about some friends/acquaintances living their life, doing the unthinkable, prollie illegal and also … to the point of self… humiliating.
I have my reservations when it comes to doing things that are illegal, or immoral, or even self- degrading. To me having fun is enjoying life, being crazy, doing things you dont normally do, but you are still true to yourself and know the limits or what is right and what’s not.
Prollie you may say i might be the goodie-goodie girl, but i think sometimes we must remember that people remember every single thing that you say or do, even if you don’t mean it sometimes. And that said, always be at your best behaviour whether you’re living life, partying, clubbing, drinking or whatever, self worth is more valuable than self pity.