Many weeks back, i had the pleasure of attending the preview and launching of the new Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) and have seen and experienced (yes i have it installed on my mac *teehee*) the tool that literally gave me a job today :) CS6 now have a new graphics engine behind it called the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazing fast performance to deliver eye-catching results within the industry standard in digital imaging.
Some of the new features that i particularly dig:
- New Content Aware retouching features.
- New UI (Darker interface) which i find quite sleek and smart for a digital imaging sw. It’s easier on the eyes too, so we get to focus on our creative.
- Faster Design tasks in PS, thanks to Mercury. No worries of PS crashing as it saves your work by the layer! Auto Recovery FTW!
- Video Editing in PS!
- All new crop tool in PS which saves your deleted cropped images so that if you change your mind, you can still get back your original image!
- New Blur Gallery/Smart Tilt Shift functions!
- Easy Pattern creations from AI and super new live trace function that is quite jawdropping!
- Content linking across platforms (PS, AI, ID, DW, etc)
- Support for new mobile/platform content.. ie – your iphones, androids, ipads, tabs, etc and even custom ones.
- Puppet warp!!!
AND Basically a horde more new features which takes your creative practices to a whole new level!
I will try to post more on the above features if time permits within the week and if applicable, show you some of the creatives created using the new cs6!
In the meantime, check this video out!